This past Saturday, after a busy morning of ballet pictures, Kate and I took a road trip to Kilgore to see Rangerette Revels. We were meeting my Kilgore roommate, Colleen, and her six year old daughter, Madalyn, and one of my Kilgore suite-mates, Melissa, and her five year old daughter, Karson, for the 1:30 matinee show. We finished ballet pictures at around 10:30ish, and after a very quick wardrobe change, we hit the open road -- Kilgore or BUST! Well, the weather was a downer...it rained pretty hard the entire way there...but we finally made it, with a few minutes to spare. It was still raining when we got there so I crawled in the back seat to change Kate into her special "Revels" dress (three ballerinas on the front) and then we treked under our umbrella and through the mud puddles to the auditorium (of all days to wear white pants!!!). Kate was so excited for the show to start and kept asking "Where are the Rangerettes?" Finally, the show began, and from start to finish, she was mesmorized. There were two small intermissions (not sure why?), but even through those, she sat still. I don't think she moved at all during Production Number, which is the last number and the high kick portion of the show. And, she especially liked the fight song. She's asked me to sing it several times since we've been back.
After the show we were all planning to meet Jana, our fourth suite-mate, in Longview for dinner. Jana just had her third little boy, Lane, three weeks ago, so while she couldn't make the show, we couldn't miss the opportunity to see her and her new little bundle of joy (and he was adorable!). When we got to our car, I realized that my key fob wouldn't open the door -- strange -- but when I got inside, I learned the my battery was dead. Aaahhh!!! Luckily I had jumper cables, Colleen had a running car, and Melissa knew how to use the jumper cables! We successfully jumped my car and I learned how to use jumper cables.
We finally made it to dinner and enjoyed some wonderful together time. The girls all got along great and it was sooo nice to spend some time with my precious friends. I love them and miss them so much!
Sadly, it came time to go home. Kate was exhausted from skipping a nap so she was asleep within minutes of being on the road. But, before she fell asleep, I asked her what her favorite part of the show was -- was it the high kicks? Her response: "Yes, I liked the kicking, but Mommy, it's not nice to kick." How funny! I assured her that it was ok to kick while dancing, but not to kick someone. She seemed satisfied with this answer. It was a peaceful, and dry, drive back.
And, can you believe that we did not take ONE picture the whole day?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment