Thursday, February 19, 2009

WE NEED TO TALK









Kate and I had a wonderful day today. I admit, I was a little worried because Justin is out of town tonight (we miss you Daddy!) and generally, after so much together time, we have a rough evening. But, from start to finish, Birdie was a trooper and so much fun to be around today. I am so lucky to be the mother of such a bright and sweet little girl!
A couple of funny quips from today...
-- After nap she wanted to go to Tietze Park, which is her favorite park right now. While swinging on the "big girl swings" (I do it MYSELF!) Kate looks over to me and says, "Mommy, we need to talk." After an inital giggle, I responded, "Oh yeah, about what?" To which she replied, "Mary and her little lamb. Where did they go?" Oh, Sue Berry, you crack me up!

-- After an early dinner at Jason's Deli tonight, we came home to play before shower and bedtime. She wanted to play doctor with her two monkeys, Carlos and Fredrick, who both had earaches. We sat in our "car" (Kate's green chair) and drove to the doctor, reassuring both babies along the way. When we got to the doctor, I asked Kate to tell me the doctor's name, and she said "Dr Seuss!" We both had a good laugh over that one!









No comments:

Post a Comment